Knit Flix

Saturday, September 08, 2007

FO: Threepenny Pullover

Yesterday, 1084 days [or 154 weeks and 6 days, or 2 years and 354 days] after it was cast-on, my oldest WIP was finished.


Threepenny Pullover
Yarn: Valley Yarns 2/8 Merino Cashmere, doubled. 589 gms total = 2600 yds.
Needles: US5 / 3.75 mm
Pattern: Threepenny Pullover by Veronik Avery, Interweave Knits, Fall 2004

I was motivated by the Best of Interweave Knits KAL starting in October. I wasn't going to be happy if my poor Threepenny was still sitting in a box while knitters all over the world cast-on and finished theirs. ;-)


Cable trim at the neckline, down the sleeves, and at the hem & wrists.


Stitch detail

I love the signature VA texture and the details... but the yarn that I chose was unpleasant to knit with and that slowed me down. Then the sewing up--and finishing isn't something that I normally stall on--the sewing up required a good deal of attention. Being a knit-picking perfectionist really didn't help. I kept attaching, removing, and re-attaching the cable trim because the I wanted the left & right sides to match.

Last night I was determined to focus on this sweater and this sweater alone. Hey, I have a new sweater waiting in the wings when the weather cools down. Awesome!

Here's how it all started. It seems like only 1084 days ago.

Labels: , , , , ,

18 Comments:

  • Well it's a lovely sweater and I bet it feels good to have it done and off your back (so to speak). Congratulations and wear it well.

    By Blogger loopykd, at 9/08/2007 12:38 PM  

  • Wow, now I feel like I've known you for a long time. I remember when you washed the swatches for that sweater and accidentally bleached one!

    It looks great! Good for you for buckling down. :)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 9/08/2007 2:10 PM  

  • Hot damn! Good for you, and it looks awesome on you too!

    By Blogger theknitist, at 9/08/2007 2:14 PM  

  • what a wonderful sweater!!!

    By Blogger Adrienne, at 9/08/2007 5:02 PM  

  • What a beautiful sweater.

    By Blogger handknit168, at 9/09/2007 12:09 AM  

  • Done and gorgeous. What more could you ask for?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/09/2007 7:39 AM  

  • It's awesome! Maybe I can get one of my old UFOs finished...

    By Blogger E to the M, at 9/09/2007 8:02 AM  

  • I just noticed that in the blog post you linked to, you mentioned that it would only take 4 years to finish it. Think about Threepenny as having finished it WAY faster than you thought you would. ;)

    By Blogger Emy, at 9/09/2007 9:45 AM  

  • It fits wonderfully! Gorgeous.

    By Blogger Freecia, at 9/09/2007 10:28 AM  

  • Congratulations! I too remember the swatching and bemoaning! But well worth it! Nothing like a little perceived competition to get the needles going again!

    By Blogger Dusa, at 9/09/2007 10:54 AM  

  • Well, at least it didn't take 3 full years! Tell me more about the yarn problems - you'd think "merino/cashmere" would be nice to knit...

    By Blogger Baywood Yarns, at 9/09/2007 11:53 AM  

  • this came out great, very neat work

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2007 4:25 AM  

  • Congratulations! I love that you were motivated by the thought of other knitters breathing down your (unseamed) neck.

    I felt the winds of "finishing season" this weekend as well -- I wove in ends on two projects and stuck them in a box to be mailed .. without any photos!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 9/10/2007 11:52 AM  

  • I love love love it!!!

    By Blogger Ilona, at 9/10/2007 7:48 PM  

  • It's beautiful -- great job finishing it!

    By Blogger Octopus Knits, at 9/11/2007 3:29 PM  

  • Fantastic work! Many Congratulations on finishing your lovely sweater after all this time! It looks great on you!

    By Blogger Lucy, at 9/11/2007 5:53 PM  

  • Congrats on the sweater; it looks great on you! It was nice to meet you Monday night at SnB; hope to see you again next time you're in PDX.

    By Blogger Bobbie Wallace, at 9/12/2007 8:30 PM  

  • YAY!!! Looks so good. Now, what is your secret in finishing sweaters, I need serious help! LOL

    By Blogger Lisa, at 9/13/2007 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home