Knit Flix

Sunday, August 26, 2007

FO: Mystery Stole 3


Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Silk, Color = Ecru
Needles: US6 / 4.0 mm
Beads: Just a little over 30 gms of 4 mm cube beads
Pattern: Mystery Stole #3 by Melanie Gibbons

I hadn't participated in the previous Mystery Stole Knitalongs and wasn't planning on it this year until Stephanie pointed out that I wouldn't like it if everyone was having fun without me.

That's when I signed up and I'm glad I did. Swan Lake was the theme of this year's Mystery Stole and Melanie designed a unique asymmetric stole complete with wing.


Mystery Stole 3

Each week we received a new clue and I looked forward to each one. It was interesting concentrating on one project for a couple of days and then being forced to put it down because I couldn't go any further. I found myself fitting in whatever knitting I could between clues but saved my weekends for MS3.

Susan at Crystal Palace Yarns supplied the Panda Silk, a new fingering weight yarn which is coming to a yarn store near you this winter. It's a beautiful, soft, springy yarn consisting of 52% bamboo, 43% machine washable merino wool, and 5% combed silk that suited this project to a T.

The stole was designed for a lace weight yarn, so mine is probably larger then those knit with the suggested yarn, Zephyr Wool-Silk. The blocked size of the stole is 20-1/2" x 87-1/2", and when worn it stretches a bit more under the weight of the yarn and beads.

It is lovely. Thank you Melanie and thank you Stephanie.


Mystery Stole 3

If you'd like to participate in the next Mystery Stole knitalong and also hear about Melanie's latest patterns including when the pattern for this stole will be available, subscribe to her Yahoo!Group, PinkLemonKnits.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

25 Comments:

  • Wow, your stole is gorgeous. I love it in the fingerweight.

    By Blogger Peggy, at 8/26/2007 6:44 PM  

  • You know, I wasn't sure about the wing so I put my stole away a couple clues ago while I decided -- but yours looks so beautiful, I can see how the wing really works with the stole wrapped around you. Gorgeous!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 8/26/2007 8:22 PM  

  • I wasn't sure where it was going with the wing but it looks amazing as an FO! Beautiful work, as usual. :)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 8/26/2007 10:46 PM  

  • it is amazing.

    By Blogger handknit168, at 8/26/2007 11:41 PM  

  • That's soooo gorgeous!

    By Blogger Elemmaciltur, at 8/27/2007 1:28 AM  

  • Fabulous! You did a beautiful job. I'll have to add Panda Silk to my Yarn Wish List.

    By Blogger Reluctant Penguin, at 8/27/2007 3:27 AM  

  • Absolutely breathtaking!

    By Blogger theknitist, at 8/27/2007 8:04 AM  

  • You've finished! It looks great and I actually like the size. I am stalled a bit, but I did finally finish my extended Clue 4. I want to see that yarn in person!

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 8/27/2007 8:23 AM  

  • The shawl looks gorgeous. Your sis the first that I have seen modelled by someone and it looks great. I thought the asymmetry bothered me, but it looks great on!

    By Blogger karrie, at 8/27/2007 10:02 AM  

  • Beautiful!

    By Blogger Freecia, at 8/27/2007 10:31 AM  

  • All around fantastic. This is a truly gorgeous piece :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2007 10:35 AM  

  • I love it! I love seeing these winged mystery stoles worn-- they're great laid out, but worn they're something else!!

    By Blogger aija, at 8/27/2007 11:13 AM  

  • I am totally regretting not signing up for this!! Yours is really beautiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2007 11:21 AM  

  • It turned out gorgeous in the new yarn. Great job! Makes me want to pick mine up again and finish it. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2007 11:51 AM  

  • Stunning! You just inspired me to pick mine up again! Soon, very soon! Summer of socks is killing me:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2007 12:36 PM  

  • It's breathtaking!

    By Blogger Kim, at 8/27/2007 2:19 PM  

  • Yours was the first I've seen wrapped this way (other than mine!) and I think that this is a very good way to wear it. The regal, royal princess motif on the outside and the wing, the swan nature, underneath. Beautiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2007 4:40 PM  

  • Oh beautiful. I need to get trucking on my shawl. Lovely photos too. :)

    By Blogger Teenuh, at 8/27/2007 10:17 PM  

  • beautiful!!!!!

    By Blogger LUL, at 8/28/2007 5:07 AM  

  • Your shawl looks lovely & you have done a fantastic job. I am thinking of joining the next KAL as you have given me the inspiration to do so.

    By Blogger Ann, at 8/28/2007 5:28 PM  

  • It's so beautiful! Great job! Now I just need to finish mine...

    By Blogger Octopus Knits, at 8/28/2007 7:43 PM  

  • Absolutely lovely, although that's what I'd expect from a blue-ribbon knitter! You set a high standard, my dear.

    By Blogger Baywood Yarns, at 8/28/2007 8:39 PM  

  • That is absolutely stunning!

    By Blogger Auntly H, at 8/29/2007 7:45 PM  

  • Even more beautiful than it looked in the WIP photos! And it looks beautiful on you - you must keep this one for yourself.

    I'm so glad you asked us for some Panda Silk to use for this. I've just finalized the 24-color range for Panda Silk and the order is in! I ordered extra in natural as I suspect your stole will show how beautiful the undyed can be!

    I also spotted the Maizy socks you are doing in your Flickr box! Yummy!

    Susan at CPY

    By Blogger Crystal Palace Yarns, at 8/31/2007 4:55 PM  

  • Gorgeous! You look great in it!

    By Blogger Margit Sage, at 9/02/2007 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home