Knit Flix

Monday, May 26, 2008

From far away lands

First up, all the way from Estonia, let's hear it for the Estonian mittens!

Estonian Mittens


Convertible Mittens from Estonia

These aren't mittens that I knit, they're hand knit mittens from Estonia... the top pair are for me and the bottom pair convert to fingerless gloves (the thumb too) and are men's mitts for my DSO. Aren't they wonderful? I love the wool and the craftsmanship. Thank you so much M&D, they're fabulous and we'll be wearing them this winter.

Next up, from our neighbors to the North, please welcome the Lendrum!

O Canada

DSO wanted to get me something special for my birthday so he sprang for the Lendrum DT, and my M&D bought the fast flyer, plying head, flyer and bobbin. We went to Carolina Homespun on Saturday and picked it up along with a pound of the softest BFL ever and a bottle of wheel oil. Thank you DSO, M&D, and Morgaine!

And now for the unboxing.

Unboxing the Lendrum


Standard head and flyer


Fast flyer, plying head, flyer and bobbin


Frame and wheel and a monkey. (A monkey?!)


Lendrum DT

There was a Lazy Kate in the box as well, but in my excitement to start spinning I didn't capture an image of that.

I grabbed

Superwash Merino Roving
Glass Phaeton from Aija at Sock Pr0n, zeromarkers etsy store


and made this.

First Lendrum singles


350 yds fingering weight handspun

If you're still with me, here's a treat for you--

Lemon Strawberry Tart

The recipe is from Epicurious.com but I don't bother with the lime cream. Instead, I topped the tart with fresh strawberries (thanks Spinnity & Bill!) and the first blueberries from our garden. It tastes as good as it looks.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • I hope you're loving the wheel. The new yarn looks great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/26/2008 1:07 PM  

  • How cool is that!! Are you loving your wheel? Your spinning looks wonderful! tmkr from Ravelry

    By Blogger Theresa, at 5/26/2008 2:34 PM  

  • Ooohhh!!! Beautious wheel! What a fab birthday gift - Happy Birthday!

    The tart looks awfully fine too...

    By Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel, at 5/26/2008 4:42 PM  

  • I am officially in love with your mittens.

    By Blogger E to the M, at 5/26/2008 9:16 PM  

  • Happy Birthday!! What a great gift. I am hoping the my DSO takes note of this and does the same for me! I think I want a wheel. I think, hahahaha

    By Blogger Lisa, at 5/26/2008 9:31 PM  

  • Wow, what an exciting post! Estonian mittens, a new spinning wheel, handspun, a monkey, AND dessert! Congrats and Happy B-day! Will we see you and your wheel at spinning this weekend?

    By Blogger theknitist, at 5/27/2008 7:41 AM  

  • New Wheeeeeel! Congratulations & happy birthday, I hope you love your Lendrum. *I* love your results so far -- keep up the excellent yarn p0rn!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 6/04/2008 12:26 AM  

  • Congrats on the lendrum - I love mine! And happy belated b-day!

    By Blogger karrie, at 6/05/2008 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home