Knit Flix

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Like I need a hole in my head

ETA: This 20% coupon came via email late last night. Maybe this is why it rang up $4 instead of $5? Or will the same ball of yarn be $3.20 with the coupon?

That's how much I need more yarn, you know?

So why did I buy this?

Sugar 'n Cream Confectionary Colors Twists
12oz, 603yds/551m


Because it was on sale.

  Bad knitter!

But wait, it was a really good deal.

  Bad, bad knitter!

I saw an online add for $1 Sugar 'n Cream at Michaels, so I went to the Milpitas store to check it out. Every stash needs kitchen cotton, right? Well, I didn't even make it to the yarn section before I saw baskets of giganto Sugar 'n Cream on clearance for $5. $5! Turns out the 2oz balls don't go on sale until tomorrow, but even if they were marked down I'd still save money on the mondo size.

So I bought one.

But wait, there's more. When the cashier rang it up, it was $4.32 including tax. They were blowing them out for $4 per ball!

I have a pattern in mind already, the 1Bag.

Yeah man, I'm a baaaaaaaaaad knitter.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • Nooo, I'd say you were a highly responsible knitter, giving a good home to yarn that is going so cheaply...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/26/2008 11:32 PM  

  • And dude, you can make TWO 1Bags out of that!

    It's wrong that I want to try to sneak over to Michaels tomorrow, isn't it? Especially because I need more yarn as much as you do, and also I'm going to a stamp convention later this week and I should be getting ready for that, which includes making swaps. Hmmm.

    By Blogger Emy, at 7/26/2008 11:59 PM  

  • I'm kind of glad that I'm in Europe because otherwise I would be over there buying a couple of those giant balls. Not to mention a selection of the smaller ones tomorrow! ;)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 7/27/2008 1:38 AM  

  • I'm going to be all responsible and say "I'd be so there, except I have 3 of those size skeins of creme to make the log cabin bath mat from Mason Dixon". Whew.

    Thanks for the heads up though and I <3 <3 <3 that 1bag!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/27/2008 1:17 PM  

  • there's no harm in being thrifty. it will be a beautiful bag someday!

    By Blogger Obsessed with knitting, at 7/28/2008 10:55 AM  

  • I need more dishcloth cotton like I need a hole in my head, but clearly I need to make a trip to Milpitas!! bwahaha

    By Blogger Teenuh, at 7/28/2008 11:12 PM  

  • I bought Martha Stewart Baker's twine. Yeah... I actually bought twine for gift wrapping purposes... as if I don't have enough stuff that resembles string in several different colors.
    They had that coupon a week ago too and I got an embossing stamp. No, I don't need any more hobbies.

    By Blogger Freecia, at 7/31/2008 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home