Knit Flix

Friday, September 12, 2008

The Knitty effect

I've seen it from the outside looking inside [500 points to the person who can correctly identify the reference], but hadn't personally experienced the Knitty effect... until now.

Knitty: Fall 2008 was launched on Wednesday and Baroque was introduced to the world.


Baroque

Since then 685 knitters have added it to their Ravelry queue, 400 call it a favorite, and messages have come in from knitters from all over the world including from a few names that made my jaw drop.

To top it off, LYS Purlescence is having a sale in celebration of the pattern--20% off Louet Gems Fingering Merino from now until September 15. (Thanks to Spinnity for letting me know--the notice was in my email but I was so busy at work I hadn't gotten to it yet.)

Knock me over with a feather! If I'm dreaming, don't wake me up.

The Knitty effect.

I have more to say about the pattern, but for now I'd like to thank all of you who have been so supportive, especially Amy, Mandy, Kate, the Purlescence Purl Girls, and of course all of the BobaKntters.

If you haven't seen Fall Knitty yet, you must go there now. It's the 6th anniversary issue and is packed with articles, patterns, and Knittyspin.

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

  • Congratulations, Janice! =)

    By Blogger Margit Sage, at 9/12/2008 8:47 AM  

  • Congratulations! I'm going to knit these too.

    Stacey

    By Blogger maceknits, at 9/12/2008 10:58 AM  

  • Woot! I was so happy for you when I saw you were published in this Knitty. Congrats Janice!

    By Blogger Teenuh, at 9/12/2008 3:18 PM  

  • Go Janice! Go Janice! I hope this balances out the bad week you had last week-ish.sszcvxyq

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/12/2008 5:26 PM  

  • Congratulations. I love it & it's on my list too. You have done a fantastic job!

    By Blogger Ann, at 9/12/2008 7:19 PM  

  • Guess the price of fame is marvelous and scary at the same time. Congratulations, Janice
    From my perspective you are one of the best.

    By Blogger Karen L., at 9/14/2008 8:52 AM  

  • You're so awesome, and I have to admit that I read this and thought "wait, she hadn't had anything on Knitty before?" Because I totally thought you had. THAT'S how awesome you are.

    And dude, that line could be from a ton of things. Including a Nelson song.

    This may be the first time anyone got 500 points for a Nelson reference. \m/

    By Blogger Emy, at 9/14/2008 11:46 AM  

  • What a fabulous design! Congrats :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/14/2008 9:11 PM  

  • Finally got to see them, now that the show is over, they're amazing! Congrats! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/15/2008 12:48 AM  

  • Huzzah the Baroque socks, now visible to the world! Great design, Janice. Can't wait to knit them! Maybe I'd better finish your Early Spring socks first?

    By Blogger spinnity, at 9/15/2008 2:41 PM  

  • Congrats! They are truly lovely.

    What is that spinning wheel? It's beautiful, too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/15/2008 7:29 PM  

  • Woot! I meant to leave a congratulations note earlier! Yippee! First the Fair, then the Knitty...what's next?

    By Blogger Dusa, at 9/16/2008 4:28 AM  

  • Wow, I didn't even realize that these were yours! I love them! Especially like the cable splitting at the gusset detail... very nice.

    By Blogger Kathleen C., at 9/20/2008 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home