Knit Flix

Saturday, August 16, 2008

VIP baby!

R called me at work on Thursday.

"Hi, you're not doing anything tomorrow night, are you?"

"I don't think so. No, nothing planned."

"Okay. ____ just called and he's getting us in to see Steve Miller and Joe Cocker at the Concord Pavilion."

Coolio! I saw Steve Miller waaaay back when. I'd guess that some of my knitting friends weren't even born or were very young when I was at that Day on the Green.

I wasn't rushing out to buy tickets for Friday night's show but if _____ was getting us in, absolutely!

So we trekked up to the Pavilion. I used to see R perform their annual Halloween gigs there years ago but honestly couldn't tell you the last time I saw a show at the venue. We soon discovered that we were buffed out with backstage parking, VIP/backstage passes, and reserved seats, 7th row center.


VIP baby!

The show was a lot of fun.

I'd never seen Joe Cocker live before and I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked his set. Great songs and players.


Joe Cocker

The Steve Miller Band had a good set and the fans enjoyed every song. His signature voice was in great form and the vocals overall were spot on.


Steve Miller

Carlos Reyes
was a guest artist and added his voice and the sweet sound of his violin to a few songs--


Steve Miller and Carlos Reyes

All the players were really talented, but Norton Buffalo blew everyone away with his harmonica skills.

One thing that R and I couldn't get out of our heads during Joe Cocker's set was a YouTube video a friend introduced us to a month ago. It was a special treat when Joe sang this song.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • OMG that video is hilarious! But what a treat to see that concert, its good to have conections like that. Joe Cocker is one person that I would love to see in concert, I really want to hear, "You are so Beautiful." Love that song.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 8/17/2008 2:07 AM  

  • Wow, what a great night out! I've never seen M. Miller, but I do have a Joe Cocker story from 1989. From a barn. In Austria.

    Loved the video - thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 8/19/2008 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home