Knit Flix

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ravelympics Day 6

Last time I showed you the training in progress.

Edamame looks like this tonight:


Edamame back
Project details on Ravelry


The 1x1 ribbing at the bottom is replaced by a garter eyelet border a la the VK Cable Lace Cardigan.


Edamame hem

I took a page from Turtlegirl's very cute modifications and did away with the rib at the bodice and went straight from st st to lace. The ribbon on her sweater is so sweet, but it may or may not happen on Edamame. It depends on how many holes there are on the fronts... there need to be an odd number on each front in order for the lace trim to work the way I want it to.


St st to lace

So far so good!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Thanks so much for your tip about knitting Fair Isle inside out. I tried it with great success -- no more worrying about pulling too tight or too loose at the transitions between needles! Thanks to you, I've flown up the charts and I'm almost at the top ribbing, and everything looks and feels great!

    By Blogger donnadb, at 8/14/2008 6:42 AM  

  • LOVE the eyelet border.

    By Blogger Ilona, at 8/14/2008 1:31 PM  

  • Oh, lovely & I like the garter eyelet border - good choice.

    By Blogger Ann, at 8/14/2008 10:21 PM  

  • I tie mine on the inside and I was able to start the ribbon on the inside, and end it on the inside by simply weaving in and out of the bottom layer of eyelets. Is that what you're going for?

    By Blogger turtlegirl76, at 8/15/2008 4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home