Knit Flix

Friday, June 11, 2004

99.99% finished

That's right folks, the VK Cable/Lace Cardigan is almost finished. All that's left is to purchase and sew on 10 buttons. No more seaming, no more weaving, no more crocheting!

Here's the front edge before I ripped it out this morning--see how it's wavy? I fixed it by doing a sc in 3 out of 4 rows instead of every row. I also reduced the number of sc in the neckline and along the bottom edge by doing a sc in 5 out of 6 st.


And here's the almost-finished product:

Yarn: King Cole Soft as Silk (Acrylic!!)
Needles: Denise US#6 for rib, US#8 for body
Pattern: Cable/Lace Cardigan #9,
Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2004

The front edge on my left (your right) isn't wavy because I picked up too many stitches, that's the pattern of the button holes.

It feels really good too! I guess I know what I'm going to wear to SnB this week.

3 Comments:

  • Janice, your cardigan looks fantastic! Congrats on finishing it! - Jenn

    By Blogger Jenn, at 6/15/2004 9:01 AM  

  • Looooooove this! I'm looking for a special lacy cardigan to make for my mom for Christmas. Your link didn't work though :o( I'll keep looking!

    By Blogger Luciana DeVito, at 6/18/2007 1:05 PM  

  • I fixed the link so it points to Vogue Knitting. Go there to order back issues of the magazine.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 6/18/2007 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home