Knit Flix

Monday, June 07, 2004

In the home stretch

Monster (***)
A powerful, but disturbing movie. Outstanding performances by Charlize Theron & Christina Ricci.


Almost there! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a train. The sleeves are finished, and all the raglan arm seams have been sewn. The next step is to pick up and knit the neckline, sew the side and underarm seams, then crochet the trim (including the button band. Hmmm... it sure sounds like a lot now that I've listed everything.

I was reluctant to do all the finishing at SnB yesterday, so I started the Waving Lace socks to take to the meeting. (More about the socks later.) Good thing too, because I forgot to take my last ball of cardi yarn to SnB, so I couldn't continue after sewing the last arm seam!

We had 3 new women show up to SnB yesterday. Welcome! The member list of the Yahoo!Group is almost at 100--what was it before the SJMercury article? Maybe 65 or so?

Nancy Edwards from the San Jose chapter of Binky Patrol came to the meeting yesterday with a stash of yarn (wool, angora, cotten, etc., etc..) and a big box of needles and other knitting supplies. It was awfully nice of her. I need to put a Binky Patrol project on the "to do" list. I ended up leaving SnB with an unplanned infusion of yarn--2 bags of cream colored superwash wool!

Yes, 2 bags--but it isn't what it seems. Emily and I are going to have our own mini-knit-along, so really I only have 1 bag of wool. I'll be combing through sweater patterns this week.

2 Comments:

  • Oooh! What a great windfall! I may not make it to this weekend's meeting, I just realized - my shower starts at 1pm and I probably won't be done by 4pm. Have a great weekend! (PS - we watched Monster this weekend, as well - I wasn't as impressed with the movie as my friend Amy was - I felt that it lacked focus and a cohesive storyline, and spent way too much time showing us how UGLY Charlize can make herself.) - Hope to see you guys soon! - Ilona

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/07/2004 5:09 PM  

  • I don't know what was more disturbing--Charlize's character or the never ending supply of men that were willing to pay for her services. I can't say I liked the movie, but I did think the actors did a fantastic job. I'm still wondering what the point was--seems like a self-serving project.

    Enough of that!

    So your shower is this weekend? How wonderful! Have a fantastic time.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 6/07/2004 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home