Knit Flix

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Warming up to Denise

Iris (****)
Very well done. Probably the only movie I've seen with Kate Winslet where I liked her and her character.


The tide is turning. I used the fine side of an emery board to smooth out the tips a bit, and it did improve the feel of the needles. I need to work on them some more, but I am encouraged. I also soaked the cable in very hot water and smoothed out the bends, which helps the stitches slide much better. In addition to the physical changes, I'm getting used to knitting with these needles in general, so I'm warming up to them.

Oh, and one thing I really like--k3togtbl is much easier with the Denise needles than with the Boyle straights I was using before. The tips are pointier, so I don't have to futz around as much.

The back is getting there. I have about 12 more rows of armhole shaping to go. Maybe it's time for another photo?

4 Comments:

  • I'm still debating about purchasing the Denise Interchangeable set. I don't like the idea of having to file/sand them with my very first use. Seems like something they'd fix.

    Your cardi looks great so far!

    By Blogger Kimberly, at 5/28/2004 11:00 AM  

  • Thanks! I'm really happy with it. See my latest post for an upate on the Denise set. For the money, you can't beat it. The Denise FAQ says they're working with their manufacturer to minimize the issues. I'd suggest buying them from someone who will allow you to exchange/return them if you decide you don't like them. If you buy them from the Denise site, they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 5/28/2004 11:27 AM  

  • Have you seen the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Kate Winslet really did a wonderful job in that one, too. I'm jealous of your Denises - I have six 88yd balls of merino/silk I bought somewhere and don't remember where and am thinking of making a really airy poncho, which would probably result in needing two different lengths of the same size needles - like a 15 or 17 needle in a 24 and 29" or something. Of course, this isn't a pattern I have in mind, just something I'm making up. But that's probably about three projects from now. I promised not to buy more yarn! Eeep! -Ilona

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/31/2004 4:57 PM  

  • Hi Ilona,

    No, I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine yet, but I heard it's good. It's in my Netflix queue though!

    About the needles, they only go up to 15, so they'd only work for 50% of your needs. But, I'm diggin' 'em. Yesterday when I was using them for stitch holders for the collar, I ran out of end "buttons" so I had to use my rubber point protectors.

    Hmmm... do you think that means I'll need to buy another set???

    By Blogger Bogie, at 5/31/2004 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home