Knit Flix

Friday, May 28, 2004

Thumbs up on Denise

I'm a Denise convert.

I know, I know, I was hesitant to give the "thumbs-up" in previous posts, but it took me a while to make up my mind, and last night was the kicker. After finishing the back of the cardi, I didn't have to grab a stitch holder for the neck stitches--I just had to pop a few buttons on the ends of the cords, and I was done. Sounds minor, but I'm not a big fan of the stitch holders that I have--metal, safety pin shaped--because I when I go back to the piece, the end stitches are almost always stretched out. The flexible cord is much nicer and kinder to the knitting. Besides, it was so easy!

Then, I started the right and left fronts. Similar to 2 socks on 2 circulars, I decided to work both fronts at the same time so they'd match (and I'd have to count as few rows as possible). It was pretty neat being able to play with the cords and extenders to find just the right length.

Lastly, switching from small needles to the large needles was so easy. I didn't have to hunt through my needle holder for a matching set, I just pulled out the right tips from the Denise needle case. Cool.

So, eventhough I was skeptical at the beginning, and eventhough I had to do a little work to tune the needles & cords (very little work), I'm happy with the set. By the way, did I mention that they were a birthday present? :-)

3 Comments:

  • hi, just wondering , does the needles snag the yarn at the places where you attatch the new needles . please let me know , i wanna get them too .
    please reply
    happy knitting

    http://blackpurls.typepad.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/29/2004 8:05 PM  

  • I love mine, too, and for the same reasons. I just wish they went down a little smaller in size.
    Nice job on your blog (I'm a KR-er, too)

    By Blogger Christina, at 5/30/2004 12:24 PM  

  • The Denise needles don't snag the yarn at all. But sometimes I find that the yarn slows down or gets hung up where the cord and the needle join. The folks at Denise tell me that this is more noticeable with the smaller needles (5 & 6). I think it also has to do with the type of yarn & stitch pattern. The yarn that I'm using tends to stick to needles--any needles--so that isn't helping. Also the pattern for my current project has k3tog's & yo's which tend to get hung up as well. They're not as seamless as Addi Turbos, but they're definitely workable and extremely versatile.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 5/30/2004 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home