Knit Flix

Monday, May 31, 2004

Angels & Demons

No, not the one from Dan Brown (although it's a great read).

Actually I was referring to this morning, the last day of the Knitting Arts Sidewalk sale. I heard they had some great stuff--would we have expected any less??--so I was contemplating taking a drive out there.

A: But you already have so much yarn. Remember the sock yarn? And the sweater that you're working on? And what about the 10 skeins of wool that are coming any day? Besides, you already have your eye on the wool/cashmere blend and the DB Cashmerino.

D: Oh come on. It's a beautiful day. You have to get out of the house. Just take a drive over--you don't have to buy anything, you can just pet the yarn. Besides, you know that ball winder is getting lonely.

A: You know if you go, you'll buy something.

D: You know you want to go...

And on and on. After much thought, I decided to pass on the sale.

But, I did go to the evil Walmart for some extension cords and other household items and ended up buying some kitchen cotton for dish towels. 4 balls cost me all of $5. Okay, so it wasn't some expensive fancy schmancy yarn. But there's pleny of time for that. :D

4 Comments:

  • Hey, just found your blog thru Knitter's Review, and wanted to say Hi! Glad I'm not the only one who pats yarn.... Maybe we can get to meet you at Stitches West this year since it'll be in Santa Clara.

    Jen http://jenla.blogspot.com

    By Blogger jenifleur, at 6/02/2004 12:09 AM  

  • The "petting yarn" comment actually should be credited to a woman at the Rug Hut in Campbell. I was walking through the store, touching this and that, and she said, "You know, today is 'yarn petting day'." To which I replied, "_Everyday_ is yarn petting day!"

    By Blogger Bogie, at 6/02/2004 2:51 PM  

  • Oooooh. I gave into the darkside. I went to K-Arts on Saturday afternoon and $80 bucks later... I did get a bunch of Mission Falls yarn to try and make a Fiona bag because I'm obsessed with making bags/purses...and some of the Berroco Suede which wasn't on sale... and some fluffy stuff I don't know what I'll do with but it was neat and more importantly, cheap.

    Great site Janice and I can't wait to see your finished sweater. It's coming out great!

    See ya Sunday maybe!
    Jenn

    By Blogger Jenn, at 6/03/2004 2:09 PM  

  • Hi La, thanks for stopping by. Don't know about Stitches West at this point--I'll probably decide whether or not I'm going when it gets closer to the event.

    Hi Jenn! Thanks for the compliments on the sweater. I've been slaving away on the sleeves. I hope to have it finished soon. See you at SnB.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 6/03/2004 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home