Knit Flix

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Bummed

I got a big box in the mail today--9 hanks of Cascade 220 + 1 skein of wool. Cool, right? Wrong. I was about to write the eBay seller to tell her I received the yarn (it took 2 weeks to get here), but then I thought I should look closely at the yarn just in case there's an issue.

An issue? Yeah, unfortunately. I opened the plastic bag and noticed a strange smell. Like mothballs, but not exactly. So I start pulling the blue hanks out one by one, and there's a hank that's stuck to the inside of the bag. A closer look and I see the label is discolored and stiff--worse yet, it's stuck to the yarn. 1, 2, 3, now 4 skeins with the problem.

I looked at the shipping box for damage, but it was fine. So maybe there were mothballs (or something) in the plastic bag the yarn was stored in and it liquified? Whatever it is, I can't use the yarn. Rats!!! I really like the color, but even the hanks that look okay smell funky.

So now what? I wrote the seller and hope to get a response soon. She's got a high rating--I hope she does the right thing. She was willing to refund my money if I didn't receive the yarn. That's a good sign, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home