Knit Flix

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

So little time

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (**)
Not a good movie, but who expected it to be? It was surreal to see our Governor as T3, but even stranger to think that T3 is our Governor. Fact is stranger than fiction. Never ending car chase/crash scenes, things blowing up everywhere, and other ear abuse made me turn the bass way down to make it bearable. I hate to say it, this movie was better than I thought it would be. I guess my expectations were pretty low.


There's so much to do and so little time. These days that means no time for photos, and that's not good for the ol' blog. I know when I visit a knitting blog, it's important to see photos of what's going on. Maybe tonight?

FO! FO! The vest is finished! Okay, so it doesn't get included in the knitted FO's, but it's a finished object just the same. Photo needed. Socks #2 are still being worn, but haven't held still for a photo opp.

What else? The cardi neckline and all of the seaming is finished. The Denise needles were stellar for this part of the project. I had over 150st on various holders that needed to be combined on one needle. With the Denise needles, all I had to do was join 2 "stitch holder" cords and push the stitches onto the longer cord, remove the shorter cord, and repeat with the next "stitch holder". Very slick.

Also, I wasn't sure if I needed to go up 1 or 2 needle sizes when binding off the neckline, so again, Denise came to the rescue. 8 too large? Snap on a 7... ahhh, just right.

The last tasks for the cardi are to crochet the button/buttonhole bands, sew on the buttons, and weave in all of the ends (ugh). Almost there.

Last but not least are the Interweave Knits Waving Lace Socks (IKWLS). Those deserve their own entry, so I'll continue this later.

1 Comments:

  • You are definitely making me covet your Denises. Some day, some day! - Ilona

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/09/2004 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home