Knit Flix

Monday, November 24, 2008

Laptop bag update

What about the Aguona Laptop Bag?

It's blocking. So you see, I had to start a new project yesterday, I just had to.

Lesson learned: When I was 18 rounds into the laptop bag, I blocked and checked the gauge. It was 1-1/2" too wide and my first thought was, so what? It's a bag for goodness sakes. But I ripped and started again on smaller needles... and it's a good thing I did.

I'm not used to knitting from kits and when the yarn for the project is provided, it's kind of important to knit the project to size or you just might run out of yarn. I didn't, but I have no doubt that if I didn't knit to gauge I would be ordering more yarn from Knit Picks. *whew*

Take it away Sam.


Aguona Laptop Bag


Aguona Laptop Bag

Finishing is going to require reinforcing and cutting the steek, sewing in the zipper, covering the cut edges with ribbon, and seaming.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • It's lovely! Are you absolutely sure that it's a laptop bag and not a sleeping bag for Sam, though? ;)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 11/24/2008 1:01 PM  

  • It's gorgeous & I love the colors. You have done such a fantastic job. My daughter has asked for a lap top bag too but I don't think I can knit something like this.

    By Blogger Ann, at 11/24/2008 2:33 PM  

  • Beautiful work and great color!

    By Blogger Jasmine, at 11/24/2008 11:25 PM  

  • Like your laptop bag….. It's cool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/26/2008 11:23 PM  

  • I adore the geometric / Op Art pattern on the "back". I can't wait to see it all finished up. I've been thinking about knitting a laptop bag for my next laptop -- coming in the spring! I had been thinking "felt", but maybe 2 layers of color work would be just as cushy. Thanks for the info!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 12/02/2008 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home