Knit Flix

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Artfibers, San Francisco

You may have heard that Artfibers is closing their San Francisco store on January 31, 2009. They will continue to sell yarn through their web site, but the announcement compelled me to take a trip to SF last month to visit the store for the first (and probably the last) time.

I really liked the store and the folks working there--they were so nice and very helpful. The yarn on the shelves was beautiful. Each yarn had a nice sized swatch accompanying it and a card describing the content, the yarn, suggestions for use, and suggested yardages for different projects. Patterns and samples were everywhere, and they had a custom pattern program that you could use to create your own. Bravo, bravo!

I had such a difficult time deciding what to get, and the sale prices made it even tougher! I kept feeding the meter because I needed more time.

[Can I just say that $3.00/hour is an outrageous rate to pay at a meter? It's a good thing I left the house with a couple of handfuls of quarters. I could have parked in a garage, but I nabbed a primo spot right outside the shop. Street parking right where you're going in SF is not easy to come by and I couldn't pass it up!]

I came home with 2 sweaters worth of yarn:


Artfibers Tasmania, Color 14


Artfibers Ginko, Color 03

Although I wanted to buy more, I was happy to see and feel the different yarns in person. It's going to make buying online easier in the future. But they also offer samples of each yarn so you try before you commit.

If you haven't had the opportunity to go to the store, do yourself a favor and stop by before they close their doors. And if you're not in the area, you too can take advantage of the sale prices--10% to 30% off--by ordering before January 31, 2009 from their web site.

Artfibers®™
124 Sutter St
San Francisco, CA 94104
T. 415.956.6319
F. 415.421.1734
Toll free 888.326.1112

Thanks to Lisa for turning me on to the Ravelry link icons. Cool!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Lovely purchases & I love the colors of Tasmania. I am surprised that you only came home with 2 & not more.

    By Blogger Ann, at 11/12/2008 3:43 PM  

  • The variety of yarns they offer looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. I checked out their website and I'm thinking if I'll buy one to make something up this Christmas.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/13/2008 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home