Knit Flix

Sunday, May 31, 2009

When life gives you lemons...

make marmalade.


1-1/2 lbs Meyer Lemons


Lemons in water


Meyer Lemon Marmalade
Recipe on Epicurious.com


Like knitting socks, canning sounds daunting when you read the instructions but isn't difficult when you do it. The recipe was supposed to yield 6 cups, but I only ended up with 4-1/2 cups. Not sure if I reduced it too much or cooked it too long, but next time I'll make a double batch. It'll take longer to cook, but I think twice as much will work better for my equipment--the pot that I'm using is so wide, the level was a bit low for the thermometer. Yeah, more would be better.

4 cups of sugar in ~4 cups of marmalade. It's a little scary to think there's a cup of sugar in each of those jars, but it tastes really good.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home