Knit Flix

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Weaving FOs

I finished weaving the project from my Beginning Weaving class, but I still needed to zig zag the edges, cut the pieces apart, and hem them. That was a couple of weeks ago.

Well, I finally fired up the sewing machine and started zig zagging and was having a heck of a time (and not in a good way). The tension was varying like crazy and the thread kept breaking. Talk about frustrating.

Was it that my funky ol' sewing machine didn't like the handwoven fabric? That was my thought, because a new sewing machine would be very nice. For grins I changed the needle (since I couldn't remember the last time I had done that) and voila, problem solved! I guess I don't really need a new sewing machine after all.

Here are the weaving FO's:


5 Placemats, finished
Project details on Ravelry



Placemat - hem detail

We're using them every day (unless dinner involves soy sauce or spaghetti sauce, 'cause I'm messy like that).

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • WOW! Gorgeous.

    By Blogger Rachael Herron, at 10/29/2009 7:40 PM  

  • They look so sophisticated!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/29/2009 10:13 PM  

  • Nice!

    By Blogger Karen L., at 10/30/2009 6:18 AM  

  • Those are absolutely fabulous! And just so you know, you're supposed to change the sewing machine needle with every new project. (Probably suggested by the sewing machine needle marketing people!) I don't often do that, especially if the project wasn't large but if I'm sewing fleece I definitely discard the needle - I keep an old plastic film canister for old needle disposal.

    By Blogger Lori, at 10/30/2009 9:30 AM  

  • Wow, Janice, these are amazing, especially for table-top loom output. Once again, your dedication & consistency have created beautiful, usable hand crafted fabric. Fabulous!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 10/30/2009 12:11 PM  

  • They look so professionally done - you did a fantastic job!

    By Blogger Ann, at 11/02/2009 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home