Knit Flix

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Introducing the Inside-Out Hat

Note: Permission was obtained to use images of the book in this post.

A package arrived today. Have I told you how much I like receiving packages?


Special delivery


Rrrrrrrrrippp!

It's here! It's here!


10 Secrets of the LaidBack Knitters:
A Guide to Holistic Knitting, Yarn, and Life


And on page 40 is...


Inside-Out Hat

The Inside-Out Hat started out with 2 ideas, reversible and warm. I had seen patterns for hats that were knit with 2 layers, basically 2 hats joined at the bottom edge and one hat pushed into the other. I took that idea and ran with it. I used 2 coordinating colors and created a striped brim. Then I added a cool design element (well, I think it's cool), eyelets that let the inside layer show through. Of course the hat is reversible so it's really 2 hats in one.

I knit a prototype in a newborn size and hadn't sized it up or done much else with it so it sat in my stash for quite a while. Then Lisa Souza contacted me and let me know about the book that she and Vicki Stiefel were working on. Would I be interested in submitting a pattern? I didn't know what they'd think of my little hat, but I sent photos and boy were they interested! They asked for a child's version and an adult version.

I ended up delivering a pattern in 5 sizes along with 2 samples. There's nothing like a deadline to make you finish something, you know?

So here they are, the Inside-Out Hat in the child size & adult size.


Inside-Out Hat - Child


Inside-Out Hat - Child



Inside-Out Hat - Adult


Inside-Out Hat - Adult


The name of the pattern makes me smile, because now I have an Inside-Out and an Outside In.

Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't let you know the rest of the book looks fantastic. The Laidback Knitters share their secrets for knitting and life in a fun and casual style. Reading it makes me I feel like I'm sitting in a room talking with them. The other patterns are amazing and come from the talented minds of Norah Gaughan, Sivia Harding, Rosemary Hill, and Brenda Patipa to name a few. Somebody pinch me! Strike that. If I'm dreaming, I don't want to wake up.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home