Knit Flix

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Don't wait too long to harvest

Last year I planted a small peppermint plant in a strawberry pot and it took off. It really liked where it was and grew quickly. I enjoyed watching it get bigger and bigger, but didn't pick any because I wanted a lot for tea.

Well one summer night, a bug or a host of bugs came by and ate ALL the leaves. Ugh. I lost it all.

This year the peppermint came back--it's an invasive weed isn't it? Thank goodness it's in a pot. I picked a bunch of it on Sunday.

Peppermint
Peppermint

I may be able to pick more if the bugs don't strip the plant.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Mint! I hope mine will come back, too! I have a watering failure instead of bugs.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 6/19/2012 9:22 AM  

  • I had the same problem but the mint grew back quickly. It also don't grow well in the cold as mine are quite sad looking now in winter.

    By Blogger Ann, at 6/20/2012 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home