Knit Flix

Sunday, November 04, 2012

The end of the warp

How wonderful to look through the reed and see the end of the warp approaching the heddles.

1-2-3-2 Stripes
1-2-3-2 Stripes
Project details on Ravelry


The 1-2-3-2 Stripes fabric is finished, all 4 yards of it. Whew! I hemstitched this end, then went back to the beginning and hemstitched it, because I forgot to when I started the project.

This fabric will be cushions for a rocking chair. It's essentially upholstery fabric, so I wasn't planning on washing it before I cut and sewed it. What do you think? Will that be okay or do you think it would be better if I put it through a gentle cycle in the washer & dryer? It's 100% cotton.

Regardless, I'm counting it as a FO now.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Lovely fabric. I always find that cotton softens after a quick wash and feels more comfortable.

    By Blogger Ann, at 11/12/2012 2:08 AM  

  • I must ask -- where did you get your loom? Do you know of any quick-start guides for this? I've always wanted to try!

    By Blogger Lily, at 11/12/2012 12:44 PM  

  • Hi Lily, I received the loom from a friend. You might be able to find a weaving guild or a class in your area where you can learn and perhaps use a loom before you buy one. There are quite a few videos and web sites with helpful weaving information--just do a web search and you'll find plenty to look at.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 11/12/2012 1:11 PM  

  • I would put it thru a wash and dry, just because if you choose to do it later you know it will survive and be less likely to go dimensionally wonky.

    By Blogger Mutare Posts, at 11/12/2012 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home