Knit Flix

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Project Blog Post #3: Matchstick Men

Sponsors needed at Project Blog

Matchstick Men (***)
I was surprised that I liked this movie. It only rated 3+ stars in Netflix, so my expectations weren't high. Maybe that was the key. I just wish I hadn't guessed the plot. Well, I didn't guess everything, so I was still surprised at the end. It's classified as a comedy, but that doesn't seem right. It's more like a suspenseful drama with funny, touching, ironic moments. At 116 minutes it's long, but not a "when is it going to end?" movie.


Ugh. Have you ever seen such a jumble of thoughts?

1 Comments:

  • Wow, I missed the day of blogging excitement! But I'm catching up. I added Matchstick Men to my recovery movies queue. Ebert gave it 4 stars! http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/2003/09/091202.html

    By Blogger spinnity, at 7/29/2004 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home