Knit Flix

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Project Blog Post #8: Gilroy Garlic Festival

Sponsors needed at Project Blog

This weekend is the 25th Annual Gilroy Garlic Festival. For all the years I've lived in the Bay Area, I've never gone. When I lived in the East Bay, Gilroy always seemed so far away. Now that I'm in the South Bay, the traffic and the heat are turn-offs.

I love garlic, but the thought of being surrounded by acres of simmering, fried, pickled, marinated, grilled, broiled, skewered, baked, frozen, and candied garlic in 95 degree heat doesn't sound appealing.

Am I missing out on a great thing? I can't go this weekend anyway, but let me know if I should consider it next year.


2 Comments:

  • Eh, I wouldn't feel bad. I've lived her my entire life and have yet to go to the Garlic Festival. It usually competes with the Fremont Art& Wine which I usually prefer to go to... this year they are actually different weekends but still can't be bothered to deal with the 101/Monterey traffic down to Gilroy. Love garlic, but not that much. And you have to pay 10 bucks for the privilege.

    By Blogger Jenn, at 7/25/2004 10:11 AM  

  • I think I went to the Garlic Festival once when I was a wee pup - all I remember was that it was super hot. Meh.

    By Blogger Ilona, at 7/26/2004 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home