Knit Flix

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Backwards! !sdrawkcaB

I know I wrote about this in a previous post, but this time it's for real. The Diamond Pullover is fun to work on, but the constant turning was a pain. So, taking a tip from the Knitter's Review Forums, I decided to try my hand at knitting backwards again.

I've knit 3 diamonds without turning the sweater, and I'm a happy camper. I'm still tenative and I don't have any sort of technique down yet, but not having to turn every 3 to 15 stitches is great.

Learning = Goodness

2 Comments:

  • cool! how's the backward knitting going? i tried it a bit this last weekend and need to do it some more. it's kind of tricky. i knit continental and am not used to doing thing with my right hand, which is odd since i'm a righty.

    By Blogger xmasberry, at 8/09/2004 10:40 AM  

  • The backwards knitting is going okay. It's definitely a good technique to learn for this project. I normally knit using the English method, but I continue to hold the yarn in my right hand when I knit backwards. I think this is the most difficult part--knitting Continental on the way back.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 8/09/2004 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home