Knit Flix

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Learning, always learning

Learning is a good thing. That's what I keep telling myself.

Things I learned with Zig Zag this week:

  • If you do the shortrow shoulder technique with a wrap & turn, the wrap will show. It's not good for stockinette shoulders, unless of course you want that look.
  • Shortrowing a shoulder without the wrap & turn leaves little holes at the turning point. The holes can be sewn up quite easily.
  • There is a tubular cast off for a 2x2 rib. It's a bit involved, but is do-able and creates a nice, neat, stretchy edge.
  • My head is huge.

Okay, maybe I didn't learn the last point with Zig Zag, but it was brought to my attention when I finished the neck and tried it on. I could get it on without fear of ripping the sweater or getting stuck (wouldn't that have been a sight?), but it was a bit too snug on the pulldown if you know what I mean.

Snug to the point of squeegee-ing off your makeup. Snug like forget about your hair before, it'll be a mess afterwards. Snug like you wonder if you can get it off. The answer is yes, but any make-up that wasn't scraped off on the pulldown will certainly be caught on the take off. Snug like... oh nevermind, you get it.

The right thing to do is to rip out the neck and increase the number of stitches during the pick-up-and-knit.

*sigh*

I'll do the right thing, just give me some time.

Instead of fixing Zig Zag right away, I'm doing what every self-respecting knitter would do, I'm starting a new project. Remember this?

Bernat Baby Hoodie

It'll be on the needles by this evening.


3 Comments:

  • Sorry to hear about your neck sizing issues on zig zag, but at least you're learning, right? And zig zag does look beautiful!

    By Blogger Christina, at 11/18/2004 12:56 PM  

  • That's too bad about Zig Zag. I think it's beautiful. Well, don't let it languish too long. Is that how you spell languish? Anyways, you know what I'm trying to say.

    -Jeni

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/19/2004 12:28 AM  

  • I'm all about the "adding another project to the pile rather than address a WIP that's not going as expected" method of knitting. Ahem *linty*.

    By Blogger Ilona, at 11/19/2004 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home