Knit Flix

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Wow, thanks for the comments

Thanks to everyone who commented on the Zig Zag photo! It's so encouraging to get such positive feedback from fellow stitchers.

Last night I finished one shoulder and the shaping adds more inches to the upper arm/chest area, so the horizontal motifs will be a little lower on the chest. Good thing, I was a bit worried that the armholes would be too tight once the sleeves were added.

Anyway, I finished one shoulder but am going to rip it out and redo it. I tried something new for me, shortrow shaping the shoulder and then seaming with a 3 needle bind-off. One suggestion was that you could wrap and turn to avoid potential holes.... well, I did a wrap & turn and didn't realize the wraps would show so much. So, I'll be ripping and reknitting without the W&T and I don't think I'm going to have holes at the turning point.

In spite of my knit-rip-knit experience with the shoulders, I would highly recommend shortrow shaping. You eliminate the challenge of seaming stair-stepped shoulder edges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home