Knit Flix

Sunday, November 28, 2004

A little light reading

It's actually quite a bit of reading--the week of blog and knitting forum posts that I didn't want to wade through over a phone line connection. No problem. I'm through the blogs and will tackle the forums tomorrow.

The red-eye flight back was trying. There was one unhappy baby about 4 rows ahead of us. Well, unhappy is an understatement. He was not diggin' what was going on and was determined to let us all know. The crying went on and on and on, and just when you thought he was going to stop from exhaustion, he rallied back and found the strength for another 3 minutes. The poor mother & father were completely bewildered. Nothing they did seemed to help. I don't know how it was finally resolved... I think I fell asleep out of exhaustion.

I didn't knit much in the last week. The most progress was made on the flight out--the Baby Hoodie was knit up to and divided at the armholes, and the ribbing for Zig Zag's sleeves was done. The rest of the time was spent golfing, snorkeling, shopping, and just plain ol' relaxing.

This afternoon I got to see my SnB pals and get some good knitting in on Zig Zag's sleeves. The sleeve increases have just started. I'm working both sleeves at the same time on 2 circulars, so progress is going to be slow and steady. Hopefully I'll have enough yarn for full sleeves. If not, it'll be rip rip rip and a bit of adjusting for 3/4 sleeves.

It's good to be home, but I can't believe I have to go to work tomorrow. I could really use another day.

2 Comments:

  • Hurray, vacation! Hurray, you're back! Show us that hoodie when you get a chance. Zig Zag was looking great this afternoon!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 11/28/2004 11:42 PM  

  • Welcome back, J! Sounds like you had a fantastic vacation - except for the dumb crying baby. Heh. I was so thankful that we were processed through the San Jose Airport Machine efficiently and quickly this AM. I counted three knitters in the airport while we were waiting for our flight. :-)

    By Blogger Ilona, at 11/29/2004 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home