Knit Flix

Monday, January 03, 2005

Favorites for 2004

Thanks to Spinnity for posing this question from The Boogie Knits on the Santa Clara Knitting Meetup Message Board.
What are your favorites?
Favorite needles for 2004:
Favorite online shop for 2004:
Favorite yarn for 2004:
Favorite finished object and/or KAL for 2004:
Favorite new technique for 2004:

  • Favorite needles for 2004:
    Addi Turbos. The speediest needles around with the nicest cords. I tried out ATs for the 2 socks on 2 circulars technique, and they've been my favorite ever since.


  • Favorite online shop for 2004:
    Hands down, Elann. I started out shopping on eBay, but as they say, once burned forever shy (or something like that). Elann has beautiful new yarn at great prices.


  • Favorite yarn for 2004:
    Hmmmm... the DB Cashmerino was quite wonderful, but I can't say it's my favorite since I still haven't been willing to shell out enough $$ to buy enough for a sweater. Instead it's got to be Schoeller Stahl Morea which I purchased from my favorite online shop, Elann. Wool with magical microfiber. Soft with a beautiful drape, wonderful to knit with.


  • Favorite finished object and/or KAL for 2004:
    Although I really like most of the socks that I made as well as the Diamond Pullover, my absolute favorite FO has got to be Zig Zag. I'm amazed at how this sweater turned out--the Schoeller Stahl Morea was the perfect yarn for it, and inspite of the challenges I think it is one of the best pieces I've ever made (if I do say myself!).


  • Favorite new technique for 2004:
    Entrelac & felting are high on the list, but my favorite technique for 2004 is knitting small circumferences with 2 circulars. Related to that is 2 socks on 2 circulars, a technique that has saved me from second sock syndrome on many occasions.

Other favorites: Tubular cast off, Blogs, KIP, SnB, and of course all of my knitting friends.

2 Comments:

  • Oooh, good picks! Zig Zag is so gorgeous. The weight, the pattern stitch, the yoke, the shape of it. It's just fabulous all around. I haven't knit a sweater for myself in a very long time (two jackets, but no actual sweaters) and I'm hunting for something that will look as good on me as Zig Zag looks on you.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 1/03/2005 11:15 AM  

  • I second that vote - ZigZag has to be the best thing I've seen you make. It looked fantastic and I don't think you could have chosen a better color.

    By Blogger Jenn, at 1/05/2005 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home