Knit Flix

Sunday, January 30, 2005

FO 2005-03: Diamond-Seed Baby Jacket

May I present to you, DSBJ!


Yarn: Caron CuddleSoft, color = 2714 Baby Blue, just over 3 skeins
Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars #1 & #2
Pattern: Diamond-Seed Baby Jacket from Interweave Knits Winter 2004

And its bonny bunny buttons.

The color of the yarn in this post is still not quite right, but is closer to what it really looks like.

Pattern mods:

  • Don't bind off the neck stitches on the back, put them on a holder. When picking up the stitches for the collar, knit the neck stitches of the back while increasing 4 stitches evenly across. I did this: M1, K7, M1, K7, M1, K7, M1. # of collar st along the back neck are 25.

  • In order to hide the seam allowance where the collar meets the fronts, pick up and purl (instead of pick up and knit) the neck edges of the LF & RF with the right side facing you.

Related posts:
IK Diamond-Seed Baby Jacket
Wrong wrong wrong
DSBJ progress
Button, button, button, button

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • So wonderful! I've had my eye on that pattern so I appreciate the tips...I'll keep them in mind when I start my DSBJ.

    By Blogger Christie, at 1/31/2005 12:10 AM  

  • I just saw the baby blue jacket with white bunny buttons. They go beautifully together.
    Diamond seed pattern standout nicely over the light background. Congratulations for accomplishing another adorable project. LK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/31/2005 11:41 AM  

  • It turned out beautifully! I can't believe I hadn't noticed that pattern in IK. Apparently yours is much nicer :)

    By Blogger Toni, at 2/01/2005 9:25 AM  

  • DSBJ looks great. The bunny buttons are a great addition. And in these photos, I can finally see that your blue is different from my grey... of course, I also saw that in person! I've done 1 full pattern repeat and I'm really liking the results. I'm still not sure who gets it...especially now that the baby I was gambling would be a boy turned out to be Sarah Elise.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 2/03/2005 12:51 PM  

  • Yours IS nicer than the one in IK! Super cute!

    Miri

    By Blogger JinxedMinx, at 2/03/2005 3:52 PM  

  • How cute! And the buttons are a nice touch.

    ~ Christina

    By Blogger Christina, at 2/04/2005 7:08 PM  

  • I just LOVE your baby Jacket..
    You have inspired me to make one in Pink for an up coming grandaughter..
    LOVE the Booties too :)

    http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Knitcrazy, at 10/11/2005 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home