Knit Flix

Sunday, January 16, 2005

IK Diamond-Seed Baby Jacket

That's right, I've started yet another project--this is the sweater to replace the Bernat Baby Hoodie. The new sweater is the Diamond-Seed Baby Jacket from Interweave Knits Winter 2004.

Yesterday I went to Michael's to find some sort of machine washable, easy care acrylic that would be worthy of all the work that goes into a baby sweater. I wasn't too hopeful, but happily I found Carron CuddleSoft. Surprisingly enough it's very soft and isn't the least bit squeaky.





The body (both fronts + the back) is 181 st across on size 2 needles. That means this is not going to be a speedy project. In fact, the stitch count is probably comparable to an adult sizes sweater. Unfortunately all other projects are put on hold until this one is finished (or close to finished). My SO wasn't too thrilled about his socks getting shelved for the time being, but I just have a few weeks to get this sweater finished. Oh well!

This sweater is also on Spinnity's FWIP list, although I'm sure she's going to knit it in a wonderful wool or other natural fiber. And I seem to recall that someone out there thought the pattern title was "Demon-Seed Baby Jacket". You know who you are! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home