Knit Flix

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Now that's a sock

Just finished the first A Step Above sock for my SO. Whew!
Here is it next to mine:

That's one generous sock.

The good news is, I have enough yarn for the second sock. This sock weighs 69gm, and I bought 150gm for the pair. Also, the Sock It to Me Colori yarn that felt so squeaky in the skein softens up nicely after washing. (thank goodness)

The great news is, my SO loves his sock, it fits him perfectly, and he can't wait for the second one to be finished. I can't wait either.

7 Comments:

  • Wow. That's big. And it looks great! I'm so glad he likes it - there is nothing as fabulous as knitting for appreciative family members. Did you use the "knit the heel first" strategy to avoid knitting 2 toes?

    By Blogger spinnity, at 2/03/2005 12:48 PM  

  • Holy sock! :-)

    By Blogger Ilona, at 2/03/2005 3:29 PM  

  • Off topic PS - watched two separate late night news shows and neither one mentioned the Gnome story. :-(

    By Blogger Ilona, at 2/03/2005 4:15 PM  

  • I'm really glad to read that the SITM Colori yarn softens after washing. I bought some for a pair of gauntlets and I was a bit disappointed when I received the yarns. Now I think I can go ahead with the plan. Thanks.

    By Blogger Agnes, at 2/03/2005 8:29 PM  

  • Yup, I knit the heel first and added 2 rows of stockinette before the first decrease row. It was great. I got the heel and toe right on the first try!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 2/03/2005 10:42 PM  

  • Wow, it came out really great. It's huge, tho. Heh. I'd definitely be feeling the symptoms of 2nd Sock Syndrome if I were you. I'm glad your SO loves them!
    -Jeni

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/04/2005 9:35 AM  

  • That's huge! Congrats on getting the first one done. And lucky you that he likes it and is appreciative of your knitting.

    ~ Christina

    By Blogger Christina, at 2/04/2005 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home