Knit Flix

Saturday, February 12, 2005

SW was a success

What a show.

My sister and her daughter drove down and we were all in line at 10AM when the show floor opened.

I ended up getting exactly what I needed, enough yarn for 2 Clapotis. Ilona--who came all the way from Portland for the show--immediately took me to the Brooks Farm Yarn booth where they had this fine wool/silk blend 4 ply yarn in yummy colorways:

"Four Play"

It took a lot of hemming and hawing (and one exchange), but I finally ended up with the 3 hanks on the left.

Then Ilona and I walked the entire show floor, petting this yarn and that yarn, checking prices, stopped briefly to see the fashion show, and then resumed the petting/checking routine. Wouldn't you know it? We ended back at Brooks Farm Yarn where I bought the 3 hanks on the right for the second Clapotis. It was hard to find a better deal -- oh-so-soft wool/silk at $45 for 810yds.

I also bought some Euculan at the WEBS booth. Almost bought some Debbie Bliss wool cotton too, but put it back when I couldn't find enough yarn to go with it to get the 20% discount.

Sock yarn? Didn't buy any. Impulse yarn? I did find a lot of yarn that I considered buying, but didn't walk away with any impulse yarn. Well, that isn't completely true. I did find some wonderful coned yarn at a very (very) good price. Unfortunately I can't say any more because it's for a Knitflix reader. So just forget about it and one day it'll pop up as an FO (I hope!).

It was a great day--shopping with my sister and niece, spending time with Ilona again--gosh, it's been so long!--and getting to meet up with Emy.

Stitches West will be in Santa Clara again next year. Yeah!

8 Comments:

  • That silk/wool is gorgeous! I can't wait to see how it knits up.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 2/12/2005 8:58 PM  

  • "Four Play" is right! This yarn is going to be beautiful as Clapotis. I can't wait to see your progress.

    Glad you had a good time.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 2/13/2005 11:19 AM  

  • I hope I get a little commission from Brooks Farm. Dang, I dropped a good chunk there. I had SO much fun shopping around with you - it was great to meet your sister and neice and that Fashion show... errr... (scary!). Hey, maybe next year's SW will be in Portland! (One can dream!)

    By Blogger Ilona, at 2/13/2005 2:47 PM  

  • PS - I love how the camera picks up the subtle sheen from the silk in the silk/wool - can't wait to see how mine photograph, and to see how the 100% kid mohair photographs. Whee!

    By Blogger Ilona, at 2/13/2005 2:48 PM  

  • Which Brooks Frm yarn was that? I thought about getting some for Clapotis, too. Is it Harmony? Alas, I resisted buying a skein or two for clapotis hungry yarn eater she is. Which is good, since I see you bought three skeins of each colorway! Wow.
    I'll have to live vicariously through yours for a while :)

    By Blogger Freecia, at 2/14/2005 4:46 PM  

  • Answering myself- it was the $15 unamed super-duper bargain near their checkout area in the inside corner, right? That's not on the website? Excellent buy!

    By Blogger Freecia, at 2/14/2005 4:49 PM  

  • The yarn is called "Four Play" and is not on the Brooks Farm web site--yet.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 2/14/2005 4:52 PM  

  • Yup, that was it. $15/hank

    By Blogger Bogie, at 2/14/2005 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home