Knit Flix

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More fun with the Lendrum


Superwash Merino Roving
Glass Underworld from Aija at Sock Pr0n, zeromarkers etsy store



250 yds 3 ply (Navajo) handspun

My previous attempt at Navajo plying was not successful--the singles had too much twist and the yarn was plied too tightly. This time I spun singles that were more relaxed and I chose a larger whorl to ply more loosely. The twist isn't as consistent as I would have liked, but maybe it'll look a little better after it's set.

Isn't it amazing how different the colors look in the roving vs. the yarn? I think the muted colors are very pretty and blend well together. Spinning is a real adventure.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I love how roving changes characteristics as you spin. Yours was practically raucous to start, and now it's so much more subtle. And beautiful. I stayed up WAY too late last night because I couldn't stop watching the pretty colors flowing through my fingers!

    By Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel, at 5/29/2008 6:08 AM  

  • I love it! Totally unexpected result to me :)

    (You're really loving the Lendrum, eh? :))

    By Blogger aija, at 5/30/2008 10:32 PM  

  • I was soooo jealous when you bought these two rovings from Aija. And I was right! Great results, Janice1

    By Blogger spinnity, at 6/04/2008 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home