Knit Flix

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Making a difference, one knitter at a time

Last year I put out a challenge to KnitFlix readers to help fund a 4th Grade Knitting Club. 18 days later we did it--we raised enough money to fully fund the proposal.


4th Grade Knitting Group's proposal

This week I got a nice surprise in the mail--a personal thank you. I'll share a bit of it with you.
The students are excited about their projects and are enthusiastic about their new and developing skills. For many, this is something they have never tried before.

There is so little time for the arts in the classroom and this is the perfect chance to be creative.

This gives them a creative outlet to occupy them and expose them to a quiet past time that promotes concentration.

The words warmed my heart and made the impact of the donations real. And then to drive the point home, they posted photos of the knitting group in action.

Wow. I am so happy to have been part of this!

Now I want to help more. I'm sure that I can find yarn in my stash that I can part with... I think I'll write a note to the teacher to see if they can make use of non-cash donations.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • And because of your post I not only gave to that drive, but two others. And I will give again. It's a great source for help.

    By Blogger Kathleen C., at 3/06/2009 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home