Knit Flix

Thursday, August 20, 2009

A new project??

Well, it's not like I haven't been working on projects. But lately the projects on my needles haven't been ones I can talk about and I know how annoying that can be to a blog reader. "Hey, I'm working on this great pattern and I wish I could tell you about it, but I can't. Bye!" Like I said, annoying.

Here's the new project:
Compass Rose,
Sanquhar gloves designed by Beth Brown-Reinsel


Sanquhar glove
Project details on Ravelry


These gloves are sized by varying the gauge--each size starts with 90 sts at the cuff. My hand is between a women's small & medium, and I started the project on 0's because I think I'm a tight knitter. Uh no, not that tight of a knitter, they were way too big. Now I'm knitting on #000's. As you can see I haven't gotten very far--not for lack of trying--but even now I think the cuff could be a wee bit smaller. But I'm not (not not) going down to #0000's. I'll know more when I get past the cuff.

So far I'm loving the pattern and the yarn, and knitting at such a fine gauge results in a wonderful fabric. These are going to be marvelous -- and they're going to keep me busy for a quite a while.

You may remember that I blogged about Compass Rose months ago. The yarn and pattern were given to me by Spinnity--isn't she so very thoughtful? She knows what I like.

Apparently back in January I had a list of things to finish before I was going to cast-on the gloves. I completely forgot about the list until brought up that blog post today. Let's see how I did:


Not bad, not bad at all. Of course there were other projects in the last 7+ months that I did work on, but finishing 5 out of 6 on this list feels pretty good.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Look at you, setting those projects up & knocking 'em down. I oughta make a list & see what I can do. I'm working on 2 Xmas prezzies right now... and I have on Xmas UFO on the heap as well...

    but I'm not sure I should let those projects stand in the way of finishing my own Sanqhar gloves before you. It's a race!! Only I can't start til Wednesday. *biting nails nervously!*

    By Blogger spinnity, at 8/23/2009 6:57 PM  

  • No, no, it's not a race. #000 needles is slow going and hard on the hands. Besides I get about 5 rnds into a new section and then find out there's something I want to do differently and rip back. But I am looking forward to the day that both of our blogs have a photo of 2 pairs of Sanquhar gloves!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 8/24/2009 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home