Knit Flix

Monday, June 13, 2011

My first Brioche on the needles

I've baked Brioche, but I haven't knit Brioche until now.

I took advantage of the Anniversary Sale at WEBS and bought enough Cascade 220 to make the Hedera Jacket designed by Nancy Marchant from the book Knitting Brioche (click to see a photo).

The jacket is worked in a 5-color Brioche Stockinette stitch. Because I was choosing colors solely by the photos on the web site, I selected 6 colors to give me more options. I never know how the colors will look together until I make a swatch and this was no exception.

Color combo #1
Color combo #1
2450 Mystic Purple (lt purple), 8885 Plum, 7811 Eggplant Heather (dk purple), 9454 Rainier Heather (yellow/orange tones), 9449 Midnight Heather (blue with green tones)


I tried the colors above and changed the order a couple of times but I didn't like the results--the combination just didn't gel. For the next attempt I substituted Rainier Heather with the 6th color, Twilight Blue.

Color combo #2
Color combo #2
2450 Mystic Purple (lt purple), 8885 Plum, 7811 Eggplant Heather (dk purple), 9568 Twilight Blue (bright blue), 9449 Midnight Heather (blue with green tones)


Now that's something I'd wear.

Here's the entire swatch, front and back. It's time to cast-on.

5-color Stockinette Brioche Stitch swatch (RS)
5-color Stockinette Brioche Stitch swatch (RS)

5-color Stockinette Brioche Stitch swatch (WS)
5-color Stockinette Brioche Stitch swatch (WS)

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home