Knit Flix

Friday, May 31, 2013

First, second, and "not this time"


The  results are in from the California State Fair Creative Arts competition!


Handspun Yarn: 1st Place
Blend of colors with slight sparkle, evenly woven, soft hand, nicely presented. A beautiful skein -- Congratulations!


Haapsalu Shawl - Silvia
Haapsalu Shawl - Silvia
Project details on Ravelry


Knitted Wearing Apparel Adult: 2nd Place
The degree of difficulty, delicacy, and accuracy of technique and finishing--all indicate that you have mastered your craft.


Hedera Jacket
Hedera Jacket
Project details on Ravelry


Knitted Wearing Apparel Adult: Did not place
Well knitted and constructed--comfortable to wear. In a highly competitive class.

True to form, I'm obsessing over the sweater that will be coming back. It didn't even get an Honorable Mention. Ugh. I need to accept the decisions and move on. Thank GOODNESS the other two placed and placed very well! I'll definitely be eyeing the sweaters that got ribbons when I go to Sacramento in July, because that's just the way I am. :D

California State Fair
July 12-28
1600 Exposition Blvd
Sacramento, CA

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • Congratulations! That yarn looks absolutely beautiful, as does the shawl and jacket.

    By Blogger Alison, at 5/31/2013 11:21 PM  

  • Don't be hard on yourself. You are a fabulous knitter (I read your blog quite a bit) and you should be proud of your successes (although I am a bit perturbed about the fact your amazing shawl placed second instead of FIRST)

    By Anonymous Teresa, at 6/01/2013 2:45 PM  

  • I have to agree that I'm a little surprised to see that your shawl placed second! It's really stunning - as is your gorgeous yarn. I'd be fascinated to see what placed first if your shawl took second - LOL. And don't worry about your sweater - it's absolutely beautiful....I can only hope to spin and knit as well as you do one day! Congratulations on your beautiful work...you've got a lot to be proud of there with all of your entries...

    By Blogger BetsyInRI, at 6/02/2013 6:03 AM  

  • Congratulations. The handspun looks gorgeous. Although not placed, the sweater is just as gorgeous.

    By Blogger Ann, at 6/04/2013 3:10 AM  

  • Your knitting is always lovely -- congratulations! The Haapsalu shawl is fabulous. I'm always surprised to see what places and what doesn't at the State Fair. I didn't enter this year, but maybe I will next year.

    By Blogger OceanKnitter, at 7/25/2013 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home