Knit Flix

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Just when you think you're finished

Enemy of the State (***)
I didn't expect to like this movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. The issue of privacy rights is wrapped in an action thriller.


IK WLS are technically finished, but I need to re-do part of the toe.

The pattern makes a very pointy toe--you end up with 6st across--and I think it would be more comfortable if I finished with 10st across. Also, this is the first time I used the kitchener stitch to finish the toe, so I fell victim to the "dog ears" on each side. There's a tip on the Socknitters web site on how to fix this, pass the outside stitch at the end of each needle over the stitch next to it. Before and after pictures coming soon.

So, I'm close, but not quite finished.

5 Comments:

  • Hey thanks for that Socknitters link. I almost always mess up that Kitchner's stitch - maybe this'll help. See you Sunday?!

    -Jeni
    The Knitist

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/24/2004 11:24 AM  

  • I guess I should add the socknitter web site to my link list. And yes, I'll see you Sunday!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 6/24/2004 11:59 AM  

  • OK, I hunted around for a dogear cure on the sockknitters page, but couldn't find it. Can you give more detailed info about where you found this? I usually stitch down the ends if I don't like the look, but your soluction sounds better. See you Sunday!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 6/24/2004 2:07 PM  

  • http://www.socknitters.com/Tips/dogears.htm

    Get there by going to http://www.socknitters.com/advice.htm . It's close to the bottom of the Heels & Toes section.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 6/24/2004 2:39 PM  

  • Thanks for the links to the WIP bits. I think the knitting project outlines are the cutest in the whole world. :-)

    By Blogger Ilona, at 6/24/2004 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home