Knit Flix

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Meetup success

John Q (**)
You'd think with all the big names this would be a good, or at least decent movie. But not even a cast that included Denzel Washington, Robert Duvall, and Ray Liotta could pull this out of the "yawner" category. Boring and predictable.


There was a good turnout at the Santa Clara Knitting Meetup last night. There were ~10 stitchers who showed up, and SJSU SnB was well represented: Jeni, Laura, Liz, Christina, Spinnity, and myself. The other women were interested in SnB, so maybe we'll see them some Sunday.

All the SnB-ers made noticeable progress on their projects since the last time I saw them. Jeni's almost finished with the back (or is it the front?) of her SnB hoodie. She's working it in Lamb's Pride Cotton Fleece--grey, green, and purple. I really like the feel of the yarn. Spinnity's Charlotte's web shawl is coming along nicely, and so is Laura's baby blanket.

So about the Knitting Meetup. I'd definitely go again, but only if it's in a different location. The Barefoot Coffee Roasters on Stevens Creek is a good meeting place--it's clean, nice couches and chairs, good coffee and all--but Wednesday night is Open Mike night. Oops! The music was good, but not conducive to conversation.

The IKWLS are coming along slowly. Hadn't really worked on them since Sunday, so it took me a while to figure out where I left off. The cuffs are done, so now it's time to start the heel. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

  • Hey, Janice! Good luck on the heels. That seems like the weirdest part of knitting the two socks at the same time in that 2 circulars approach. I kind of hope I get to see it, or at least hear a report of how it goes. See you soon!
    -spinnity

    By Blogger spinnity, at 6/17/2004 11:31 AM  

  • Hey Spinnity, good seeing you last night, and thanks for posting to the blog. When it comes to heels & toes, I whip out the DPNs and work each sock individually. When I'm ready to start knitting in the round again, I resume the 2s2c technique.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 6/17/2004 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home