Knit Flix

Thursday, June 17, 2004

FWIP

The Station Agent (****)
I liked this one--it's a funny, quirky, independent movie.


There's probably a knit/blog term for future works in progress, but I'll go ahead and create my own acronym for it, FWIP.

As I start the heels of the IKWLS, I feel like I'm nearing the home stretch and am looking forward to my next projects. Here's what I have in mind:

  • Arrowhead sweater from Knitters, Summer 2004 - this one is definitely next on the list

  • 3 & 1 Checked Dishcloths - these will probably be stitched up when I feel the need for a quick project on larger needles.

  • VK Cable Cardi, Spring/Summer 2004

  • Entrelac Socks, Knitters, Summer 2004 - I already have the yarn, just need to drum up the courage to tackle entrelac.


  • Also on the list is a felted-something. Sophie is an obvious choice, but I also have my eye on the Lunchbag Tote from Kathleen Taylor's Felt One Knit Too.

    But before any of these get cast on, I need to finish 2 out of the 3 WIP. That doesn't mean I won't be swatching Arrowhead though--making a swatch doesn't make a FWIP a WIP, does it?

    2 Comments:

    • Ooooh, that cable cardi in Cashmerino? Absolutely divine. Wonder how complex those cables are... -Ilona

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/18/2004 10:16 AM  

    • Hey, Janice.. after seeing the mag on Sunday I went & got Knitters 75 just for that entrelac sock pattern. I've also never done entrelac, but I must have those socks! Let me know when you are starting, I will join you!

      By Blogger spinnity, at 6/18/2004 1:22 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home