Knit Flix

Saturday, December 04, 2004

FO 26 & 27: Quickie Hat & Scarf

This was too easy.


Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun, color = Barrington, 1 skein total for hat+scarf
Patons Cha Cha, color = Vegas, 2 skeins total total for hat+scarf
Needles: Denise #15 for the scarf,
Denise #1o for the hat
Garter st scarf, 15 st wide

Before I got too far into the second skein of Cha Cha, I cast on the hat using the yarn from the outside of the skeins of the Cha Cha and Homespun. What I wanted to do was complete the hat, then use every bit of the rest of the yarn to complete the scarf.

For the hat, I took my cue from Christina and I cast on 72 stitches of Cha Cha & Homespun on size 10 needles. After knitting one row, I joined and worked in the round (on 2 circulars of course) and knit about 5 rows using both yarns. Then I broke off the Cha Cha and continued with Homespun only. After the Homespun only section was about 4-1/2" long, the decreases started. I placed a marker every 12 st, then k2tog before every marker for a decrease round. Decrease rounds were followed by knit rounds. Once there were 5 st between the markers, decreases were done every round until a total of 6 st remained. The yarn was cut, and thread through the 6 st.

The hat has a nice furry roll brim. Cute!

Related post: Time to start something new

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Hey, that's really cute! Made up scarf & hat, lickety split. I hope the gift exchange recipient likes 'em.. or are you keeping 'em?

    By Blogger spinnity, at 12/04/2004 1:14 AM  

  • Ms. Spinnity, you know me too well. :-)

    I made another purchase at Michaels today(!) and made a hat & scarf for my mother. I still have enough yarn to make 2 more sets with the Jazz colorway. When it's all over and done, I'll give away 3 sets and keep one, most likely one knit with Jazz.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 12/04/2004 11:57 PM  

  • How cute! And I like the way you explained your "pattern". It's very easy to follow!

    By Blogger Christina, at 12/09/2004 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home