Knit Flix

Friday, February 23, 2007

Stitches West 2007 Part 1

Thursday after work I joined Spinnity, Jeni, Cindy, and Lori for an enjoyable Thai dinner before we ventured off to the Stitches Marketplace.

There was excitement in the air and our group let out a cheer when they let us in. First stop was WEBS where I bought a bag of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed in a dark charcoal grey with blue flecks.


A visit to the Bay Area Knit Co-op booth was a lot of fun. Not only did we see our knitting friends Cookie, Kristi, & Margit, but we also got to see the fruits of their labor--patterns, fiber, yarn, point protectors, stitch markers--quickly being snapped up by attendees of one of the largest knitting and fiber shows on the West Coast. Congratulations to one and all!

I picked out this set of stitch markers handmade by Abigail. Pretty.


Another stop was Carolina Homespun where I looked at all of the fiber and spinning tools and accessories. In the end, I purchased a Nancy's Knit Knacks niddy noddy which can be used to make 1.0yd, 1.5yd, and 2.0yd skeins. It came in its own denim zip case.


We spent quite a bit of time in the Brooks Farm Yarn booth where I finally decided on 2 hanks of Acero, a new yarn of superwash wool, silk & viscose. These will be 2 pairs of socks, one for me and one for DSO.

Brooks Farm Yarn Acero .

I also stopped by the Habu Textiles booth where I showed Takako and Darlene the Juliet Pullover in Habu Linen. Long story short, the sweater is hanging in the Habu booth this weekend. Very cool.

Juliet Pullover .

2 hours went by quickly. There was a lot to look at and many friends and familiar faces. At the end of the preview, I was happy with my purchases and completely wiped out.

Next up, Twined Mittens with Beth Brown-Reinsel and the return to the marketplace.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad you like the markers!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 2/24/2007 12:26 PM  

  • Oh!! That sweater is simply stunning!! I have been in love with it forever, and it is on my list to make - some things get bumped from this list, but this beautiful knit never does, so I know I WILL make it at some point. It is just a gorgeous design, and I've never seen one knit up before - always wondered why! Anyway, sorry to be so longwinded, just had to say how beautifully you did, it came out gorgeous and suits you so well :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/04/2007 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home