Knit Flix

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Turn turn turn

SO's socks in LL Mineshaft have reached a major milestone, the heel turn. Here's heel flap #1


and heel flap #2.

Ugh. LL pooling strikes again.

I noticed that on sock #1 the lighter color was worked on the right side of the heel flap and the darker colors were worked on the wrong side. Hmmmm.... what if I ripped out the heel flap, knit halfway around the sock and started the heel flap again?

Better! It even matches sock #1 in a mirror-image-kind-of-way.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Wow -- I love that colorway! I don't think I've ever seen it in person. Those are some great socks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2007 10:01 AM  

  • Very clever -- I'll have to remember that trick!

    By Blogger Dave, at 2/08/2007 3:36 PM  

  • Great thinking, Janice! Heels look sharp. Want to take bets on whether you will finish two socks faster than I finish one Big Ten Medley sock? :-)

    By Blogger spinnity, at 2/08/2007 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home