Knit Flix

Saturday, March 17, 2007

WIP progress, or WIPP

Abigail and Spinnity commented that 5 WIPs was a pretty low number. I know, 5 doesn't sound like much. Now that I'm spinning, my preference of 2 active projects, maybe 3 probably isn't realistic. (Ya think?) But with too many projects I feel torn as to what to work on and I don't feel like I make much progress on any of them. Eh. Whatever. Pick up the needles. Make stitches and things will get done.

One is finished.

One is blocking. This one gave me a scare.

Lanaknits Hemp Cardigan .
The long edge is 29". It's supposed to be 36".

I didn't panic (much). Afterall, this is exactly why I wanted to block now. If I have to rip out and reknit, it's better to know earlier, right? Oh sure. I wanted to know, but I didn't want to know. Into a Eucalan bath it went and after a roll in a towel and a little straightening it looked like this.

Dang if it didn't grow to 36" in length! Amazing. This swatch didn't lie.

The Petroglyph socks are an inch away from being finished.

The second Mars Mission sock is catching up to the first and soon they'll be worked as 2 socks on 2 circulars.

Threepenny? I'm not ready for it yet.

Now I'm down to 4 with one more soon to be finished. As a reward, I visited Nathania at Purlescence yesterday and found this magnificent roving.

Blue Moon Fiber Arts Mulberry Silk-Superfine Merino, Footzey Foo .

I need more practice before attempting to spin this beautiful fiber. For now I'm just happy to have it near me.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I'm a multiple project person. I gave up trying to only have one or two things going. I love the scarf. That turned out really well.

    By Blogger Joan, at 3/17/2007 11:17 AM  

  • I am totally feeling twitchy 'cause I only have 2 projects on the needles at present! I am SO glad that you blocked the hemp before you ripped- amazing that it expanded so much. I'll remember that if I ever work with such a project. and it looks beautiful by the way. And the fiber, wow - I am drooling.

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 3/17/2007 3:00 PM  

  • Oh sure, apply logic and science to it and it all comes out OK. Feh. I wish I'd been that careful with my summer sweater last year. Texture pattern in the hemp looks great softened up a bit.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/18/2007 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home