Knit Flix

Thursday, March 01, 2007

2007-03: Vogue Diamond Pullover reprise

"So nice, I knit it twice" (said with tongue planted firmly in cheek).

This


is now this.

Vogue Diamond Pullover. Photo by Spinnity.


Yarn: Schachenmayr Micro Color, Color = Nassau Beach,
13 oz/365 gm
Needles: Denise US#7 US#6
Pattern: #10 Diamond Pullover,
Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2004
Size: Small Smaller

Almost 2-1/2 years after finishing the sweater, the VK Diamond Pullover is finished. Again.

This time the fit is much better, although I wish it was a little longer, like by one row of diamonds. But it's fine and I've already worn it in public a few times (and to Stitches West!), which is a few times more than I wore the first incarnation.

Something unexpected happened when I reknit the sleeves. I ran out of yarn. Well, that's not completely true. I still had butterflies of extra yarn from each of the diagonals of diamonds, but I ran out of or I misplaced some of the sleeve yarn. Luckily I had the leftover balls of yarn from the first knit in my stash and used what I needed to finish.

I was wondering if I should label this as a FO for 2007, and decided that I should. Afterall, I did remake the sweater and now it's wearable. I'd say that's a finished object, wouldn't you?

Related posts:
The first time it was "finished".
Deconstruction.
Will it fit?
Finishing.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I would absolutely call it a FO! And much nicer the second time around!

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 3/01/2007 11:22 PM  

  • It looks like a totally different garment! And it's even more flattering in real life.

    It was nice to see you again on Wednesday. Thanks for the spinning and hemp yarn advice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/03/2007 6:37 AM  

  • Yup. Photo confirms what we already knew.. V 2.0 brings out the hotness that V 1.0 kept muffled. Very good decision to reknit this and it sure looks good on ya!

    - signed, your completely unbiased photographer

    By Blogger spinnity, at 3/08/2007 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home