Knit Flix

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Time to ply

All of the Blue Faced Leicester is spun into singles.

Blue Faced Leicester .

That little hank in the front is 1-1/2 oz. that was spun on Mary's spindle. I tried my hand at Navajo Plying tonight. It's seriously overspun--or perhaps I should say it has a lot of energy.

Blue Faced Leicester close up .

The singles on the bobbins will be plyed tomorrow night, then I'll start in on the Fiber Fiend! Mars.

Fiber Fiend! Superwash Merino Roving .

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • Wow, look at you go. The singles are looking good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2007 6:34 AM  

  • You've made so much progress!! Very even looking singles.

    It's really hard to not overply with Navajo ply. I still have trouble with that. Luckily, BFL stays soft no matter what!

    By Blogger Grace, at 2/28/2007 9:05 AM  

  • I am seriously impressed!
    Wow.

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 2/28/2007 10:07 AM  

  • Dang, woman. Navajo plying already? When you get in, you get IN. Wow.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 2/28/2007 10:53 AM  

  • Wow, you've got yarn there! I have made no progress and will clearly be outshined by y'all tonight. Of course if I actually picked up my (brand new!) spindle or dusted off the wheel...

    By Blogger Lori, at 2/28/2007 12:25 PM  

  • OK, that's it, I have to learn how to spin. Very nice yarn!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/01/2007 10:45 AM  

  • your spinning is nice. May I know where you get the Blue Faced Leicester fiber. I like the colour very much.

    my blog :http://handknitisfun.blogspot.com/
    email : handknit168@yahoo.com.hk

    By Blogger handknit168, at 3/01/2007 10:52 PM  

  • Wow, you're fast! It looks great! You'll be out-spinning us all next Saturday! I can't wait to see what you do with the Mars fiber!

    By Blogger Margit Sage, at 3/03/2007 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home