Knit Flix

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Stitches West 2007 Part 3: The Fricke

Getting to know you, getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you, getting to hope you like me.
--Rodgers and Hammerstein

Grace was kind enough to bring the Fricke to Stitches West and lug it all the way from her car to the far corner of the show floor. (If I thought about how much of a hassle that would be, I'd have met her halfway. Unfortunately I didn't.)

She gave me a tour, showed me all the accessories--2 new drive bands, 4 bobbins, 2 flyers, 2 springs, a hook, and a lazy kate(!). Since she's an expert spinner, I asked if she wouldn't mind getting some Blue-Faced Leicester started. It didn't take long before she turned the wheel around and it was my turn.

The best I could do was spin, park & draft, but very quickly I knew this was a deal that I couldn't pass up. We completed the transaction and Grace left to meet her friends.

Spinnity soon arrived, checked out the bounty, and helped me carry everything back to the car. Thanks Spinnity, I don't think I would have made it to class on time otherwise.

The wheel is in great condition.

New-to-me Fricke .

I've been spending a little time tonight (okay, a few hours) getting acquainted with Fricke and the fiber and things are getting easier.

Blue Faced Leicester .

Thank you Grace! Maybe this wheel should be called Serendipity.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Congratulations on adopting your new wheel! May it give you hours of peaceful spinning and beautiful yarns to knit with.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 2/26/2007 4:09 PM  

  • I'm all late and stuff, but congrats on the wheel. I've got a 'newer'? Fricke wheel and I was a bit surprised to see you have a solid wheel. Just how old is it, if you know? I think the solid wheel is really cool. I read where a hypnotic spiral was suggested to decorate the wheel and I'm thinking, "How is that possible?". Now I know. :)

    By Blogger LaBean, at 3/17/2007 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home