Knit Flix

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

WIPs are out of control

I'm uncomfortable with the growing number of WIPs. Here's the list and approximate time to finish, if I only worked on the one project. Perhaps this will motivate me.

  • Threepenny Pullover: less than a day.
    The welt on one side doesn't match the welt on the other side. One has a nice gentle curve while the other is more square. After 3 attempts to attach the trim and even out the difference, the entire project went back in the stash box. That was how many months ago? No photos of this one, it's still buried in the stash.

  • Petroglyph socks: less than a week

    The question is how long do I want the cuffs? I've got plenty of yarn so the knitting could go on and on, but realistically I could do 3 more inches and be done.

  • Two-End (Twined) Half Mitts: less than a week

    Applying what I learned at Stitches West, I'm making Twined Half Mitts out of the BFL Homespun. Once the full mitt vs. half mitt decision was made, finishing one was easy. The yarn is lumpy and bumpy compared to what is normally used in two-end knitting. They're... rustic. Yeah, that's it, rustic.

  • Mars Mission socks: a week
    I don't feel bad about starting these. It's pretty amazing to knit socks with homespun yarn.

  • Hemp Cardigan: long term project
    This one stalled because now would be a good time to block to make sure the size is right. Maybe I'll put it a lifeline in this week.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I am in awe of the mind that finds 5 WIPs to be too many. No wonder you get so much done. I say block the hemp pullover & sit down to knit you some mars socks!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 3/14/2007 4:43 PM  

  • I'm with Spinnity, 5 WIPs is a mere drop in the bucket. :)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 3/14/2007 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home