Knit Flix

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Optimmmmmmm

Oooooo, ahhhhhh.

We had a really nice dinner with Spinnity & Bill last night--yummy appetizers and margaritas before dinner, chicken + risotto with veggies and wine, and poached pears and ice cream for dessert. Yummmm. Good food, good friends, and good fiber.

Fiber?

Fiber!

Spinnity was a dear and gave this to me.

Happy Hippie in Big Sur

It is Optim from Conjoined Creations.
A slightly stretched merino with the hand of cashmere is offered in soft, but amazing colors.

Optimâ„¢ is a luxury merino wool, that has been mechanically stretched in order to create a finer staple. During this process, which was introduced and approved by the Australian Wool Board, the fiber has become finer and has developed a slight luster that is visible after spinning. The spun yarn still retains memory and has the denier and softness of cashmere. We cannot tell you how luxurious this fiber is; feeling it explains it all.


It's true, it is luxuriously soft. I wanted wanted wanted to start spinning it today, but I was so close to finishing Pineapple Song, I spent my free moments crocheting.

(Notice the Happy Hippie on the table. It's been close to me all day.)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Oooh, don't forget to give us an update about how the Optim spins up. I've got 100 g of Optim here, too, but I haven't spun it up yet.

    By Blogger Elemmaciltur, at 1/14/2008 12:48 AM  

  • That fiber looks absolutely decadent!!!! Can't believe you are still crocheting! Wish you were here to teach me (wait- did I just say that?!-yikes!)

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 1/15/2008 5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home