Knit Flix

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

New and improved Sydney sock pattern

It was back to the drawing board with Sydney. I heard from a few knitters that the sock was too tight at the top of the heel flap--some, not all, couldn't pull it over their heel. I felt really bad about this. I didn't want people to put so much time and effort into knitting a sock only to find that it was unwearable.

I'd like to introduce you to the new and improved Sydney.







You can find the pattern here.
Ravelry

Changes:
  • More gusset increases
  • Wider heel flap
  • Additional cuff stitches worked in a rib up the center back of the sock
  • Tubular cast off replaced with a sewn cast off

Thanks to Nicola for test knitting the pattern and to the Thrifty Sock Knitters Club for their feedback and support.

More pattern notes

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the revised pattern - it's so well written. It's on my knit list.

    By Blogger Ann, at 6/03/2008 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home